When installing spray polyurethane, it may be necessary to leave your home, mainly for safety and health reasons. Here are a few things to consider:

  • Chemical fumes: The spray polyurethane application process involves chemical fumes that can be harmful during installation. These fumes may persist for some time after application.
  • Drying time: Polyurethane requires a certain amount of time to dry completely. During this period, it is best to avoid exposure to fumes and chemical vapors.
  • Manufacturer’s and installer’s recommendations: Manufacturers and professional installers often provide specific guidelines, including recommendations on how long it will take before the home is safe and habitable again.
  • Individual sensitivities: People with respiratory sensitivities, allergies or special health conditions may be more affected by fumes and should consider leaving the house for a longer period.
  • Ventilation: Good ventilation of the space is necessary after installation to allow gases and odors to escape.

As a general rule, it is advisable to discuss with the contractor carrying out the installation for specific advice on how long you should leave your home. This period can vary from a few hours to several days, depending on the extent of the work and the conditions of your home.